Why Do I Need a Tax Expert?
Updated: Jul 22
If you're thinking about hiring a CPA to help with your taxes, you may want to evaluate your tax situation to see if it makes sense. The items below may mean it's time to bring a professional on board!
1. You have more to report on your tax return than just a W-2 and claiming the standard deduction.
2. You are self-employed.
3. You consistently have a balance due or large refund on your tax return and want to more closely match your withholdings or estimated tax payments to your tax liability.
4. You have investment income or own a rental property.
5. You want to maximize the tax benefit of charitable giving.
6. You have a simple tax situation now, but want to develop a relationship with a CPA to grow with over time who will understand your goals.
7. You are looking to start a business.
8. You travel domestically or internationally for work.
9. You have foreign (non-US) investments or bank accounts.
10. You have undergone a major life event.
11. You are an active stock trader.
Plus MANY more reasons! Contact us to see how we can help.
According to the IRS, the majority of returns e-filed for the 2020 tax year were prepared by professional tax preparers.
This post may not contain a complete analysis of the tax issues discussed herein and does not represent official conclusions or advice regarding the matter.